Hey!!! Nice to meet you. I’ll spare you the typical bio and tell you a bit about me and my LOVE for acting and film Q&A style.
Favorite thing about acting.
- EVERYTHING! I LOVE doing commercials, tv shows and films. As a SAG-AFTRA actress, I have been blessed to have been cast in some pretty awesome national commercials. I also play a young slave woman, Caroline, in the period drama, feature film “Dark Arrows,” and a no nonsense lawyer in the upcoming SAG-AFTRA Feature film, “Solomon.”
Favorite character ever played.
- There are so many its hard to choose. Probably. Rheba in the stage play, “You Can’t Take It With You.”
- Ok that’s an easy one. Since I am from Jamaica, it’s a no brainer. I’m going to quote Dorothy on this one. “There is no place like home!”
Pick any movie in the universe to live.
- Its a tie for me. If it is in the “real” movie universe, it would have to be Wakanda and I would be one of their warriors as I’m totally into martial arts and right now especially Krav Maga! That would just be so awesome. If we are talking animation universe, I would totally live in Zootopia. My close friends call me the wide eyed hopeful bunny, Officer Hopps. I’m not quite sure how to take that. She’s cute, tough, animated, and stars in her own movie, so I will take it!
- Honesty it’s a toss up between The Matrix and Gladiator. Extra points to Trinity for that baaaad onesie.
- James Earl Jones
Most notable unexpected past accomplishment.
- Working in radio was so cool. I loved every moment of it. Shout out to Bo “the Jammer” Daniels and Big Boy for giving me my start as Intern Ashanti at Detroit’s Channel 955. Another proud moment in my life occurred when I presented my first written work “Dreams on Miracle Street,” on stage, to four separate sold out audiences. It was a community faith based production that raised funds for substance abuse.
- Many people know me as a dancer, or photographer, but I’m a actually also a really good rapper. Everyone looks shocked when they hear me rap. I used to be in a hip hop gospel recording group. My old group won a few Dove awards.
Favorite TV show.
One wish from a Genie.
- Honestly, this is going to sound cliche but if I had one wish from a Genie, I would ask for World Peace! Because, I’m all about positivity, and…. I really am that bunny in Zootopia! (sigh) Haha.